Top 5 Beaches on South Caicos
Top 5 South Caicos Beaches
The Turks and Caicos Islands, an archipelago of 40 islands in the Atlantic Ocean, just south of The Bahamas, are well known for their uncrowded white sand beaches and turquoise water. South Caicos Island, the seventh largest of the Caicos islands at 8.4. square miles are best known for its bone fishing, deep sea fishing, scuba diving and scenic beaches. Beaches here range from popular beaches with lots of water-sports to secluded hideaways, perfect for a romantic afternoon swim. If you’re headed to the Turks and Caicos this season, especially Sailrock Resort, be sure to try one or more of our favorite beaches.
Top Beaches on South Caicos
- Sailrock Beach. Sailrock Beach is a picture-perfect spot to spend a relaxing day while in South Caicos. The warm shallow water of the Caicos Bank is perfect for water activities such as Hobie Cat sailing, kayaking and paddle boarding. Sailrock Beach offers unparalleled sunset views that will leave a lasting impression on any traveler.
- Long Beach. Long Beach is predictably the longest beach on South Caicos Island. This 1.25 stretch of white sand is one of the best snorkeling spots on the island and abounds with marine life. Its calm waters also make it a good swimming beach. Long Beach is the perfect spot to enjoy a vibrant sunrise.
- Bell Sound Beach. Bell Sound Beach, on the north side of South Caicos Island, is part of the 4.4-mile Bell Sound Nature Preserve. Although the water is somewhat shallow here, this beach is popular for kayaking and paddle boarding.
- Plandon Cay Cut Beach. Located on the northeast end of South Caicos Island, Plandon Cay Cut Beach is known for its spectacular water views with their many shades of blue and its dramatic limestone formations. This beach is beautiful, but somewhat difficult to access.
- Valley Bay Beach. This remote beach, located on the east coast of South Caicos Island, offers dramatic views of the ocean and the rolling hills leading up to the beach. This beach is popular for hiking.
To learn more about all of the wonderful things there are to see and do on South Caicos Island and to find luxurious accommodations for your trip to the islands, visit Sailrock Resort or call us today at 1-800-929-7197. We’ve been helping people just like you make their island dreams come true.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]