Sailrock Resort COVID-19 Entry & Exit Protocols
We wanted to share our COVID-19 protocols with our guests and hospitality partners, to show our commitment to guest and employee health and safety. We pride ourselves on delivering authentic and memorable experiences with 36 suites & villas on over 770 Acres,we truly have the ideal location for both distancing and togetherness. Sailrock Resort was designed as a low-density and naturally preserved environment, consisting of unique topographies, vegetation, shorelines, and features two beaches, each a mile long. Our guests will remember what life was like when they had the freedom and space to move freely, explore, and have incredible adventures.
We aim to provide our guests with protocols to meet their expectations with regards to COVID-19. Our reopening protocols are focused on enhanced hotel cleaning practices, social interactions, and workplace protocols while ensuring transparency throughout the guest journey. Our initiative represents a new level of focus and transparency for our industry already built on cleanliness.
Entering the Turks & Caicos Islands
Starting on September 1, 2021, all travelers 16 and older will be required to present proof of full vaccination through TCI Assured.
- Fully vaccinated – Fully vaccinated means person who have had their second shot taken over two weeks and no less. If a traveler is arriving to the Turks and Caicos Islands and only had their second shot 10-13 days prior, they will not be allowed to board.
- If a visitor had the Johnson & Johnson – one shot regime – same applies – it must have been taken 2 weeks prior to arrival.
- Exempt visitors include only those with clear proof from a doctor that they are medically exempt from taking the vaccine and will still be required to present a negative COVID-19 test prior to traveling.
- Proof of vaccination – Proof of vaccination should be uploaded to the TCI Assured Portal as part of the pre-arrival authorization process. This should be in the form of a digital or paper copy of proof of vaccination.
- Visitors aged 10-15 do not need to be vaccinated but must present a negative COVID-19 test result. Visitors under 10 are not required to be vaccinated or present a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Vaccines that are currently being accepted are Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Comirnaty, Spikevax, and Vaxzervia.
- All visitors 16 years and older are to provide Proof of FULL COVID 19 vaccination with the final vaccine dosage having been taken at least 14 days prior to entering the Turks & Caicos Islands.
- All visitors 10 years and older must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR, NAA, RNA or Antigen test taken within 3-days of arrival into the Turks and Caicos Islands. Further information is available at TCI Safe Pre-Testing. A frequently used PCR testing company is Vault Health.
- Acquire travel insurance for the duration of your trip which must include medivac coverage for all travelers. More information can be found on TCI Safe Insurance. Frequently used insurance companies: Tripassure and Seven Corners.
- Upload the documents from #1 and #3 to the TCI Assured Portal and complete the brief health questionnaire. You should complete this 3 days prior to your arrival and no later than 24 hours before arrival in the Turks and Caicos Islands. An authorization to enter the Turks and Caicos Islands will be issued to you.
Be sure you have printed copies of #1-3 and bring them with you to the airport.
Proof of all the aforementioned should be uploaded to the TCI Assured portal, which is also available from the Tourist Board’s website. Travelers may submit the application process no later than twenty-four (24) hours before arrival. Once uploaded, the documents will be verified, and a TCI Assured sticker will be issued to the traveler who is approved to travel.
Reentry into the United States
We are pleased to advise that the qualified Rapid Antigen Test is offered at the resort and takes ~20 minutes. The test is conveniently scheduled not exceeding 3 days prior to your departing flight schedule -For stays of 4 nights or less the test is $25 per person. The test is complimentary for stays of 5 nights or longer. Please do let us know should you wish us to schedule it one day prior to your departure.
TCI Safe Portal
Visit the TCI Safe website to ensure your upcoming trip to the Turks and Caicos Islands is seamless and safe. TCI Safe, in conjunction with Aura Assistance, is offering insurance to cover medical expenses that may arise while in Turks and Caicos, and Medevac which is required for entry. TCI Safe, in conjunction with PCR Testing, is available to send Covid-19 testing kits overnight with return shipping included. PCR Testing is the preferred vendor of TCI Safe and the Turks and Caicos Hotels and Tourism Association.
Turks and Caicos COVID-19 Protocols
PROVIDENCIALES, TURKS AND CAICOS (July 10, 2020) – Honorable Ralph Higgs, Minister of Tourism for the Turks and Caicos Islands, announces an update to travel requirements to the destination as a part of TCI Assured, a quality assurance pre-travel program and portal, which will be live as of July 15 in advance of the reopening of borders on July 22, 2020.
Once travelers register on the TCI Assured portal and complete the requirements as outlined, a travel authorization notification will be given. The TCI Assured travel authorization should be presented at the time of check-in to the appropriate airline; airlines will not be able to board passengers without this authorization.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Turks and Caicos Islands, which can best be described as ‘Beautiful by Nature’. We feel confident these safety measures will allow us to safely reopen our borders and we will continue to review conditions on an ongoing basis to evaluate whether further changes are necessary.
We would like to encourage travelers to comply with all health protocols enforced in our jurisdiction as they are designed to help ensure the safety of our visitors and residents. For more information and to stay informed on the reopening of the Turks and Caicos Islands, call 1 (800) 241-0824 or visit www.turksandcaicostourism.com.