Sailrock Resort COVID-19 Entry & Exit Protocols
We wanted to share our COVID-19 protocols with our guests and hospitality partners, to show our commitment to guest and employee health and safety. We pride ourselves on delivering authentic and memorable experiences with 36 suites & villas on over 770 Acres,we truly have the ideal location for both distancing and togetherness. Sailrock Resort was designed as a low-density and naturally preserved environment, consisting of unique topographies, vegetation, shorelines, and features two beaches, each a mile long. Our guests will remember what life was like when they had the freedom and space to move freely, explore, and have incredible adventures.
We aim to provide our guests with protocols to meet their expectations with regards to COVID-19. Our reopening protocols are focused on enhanced hotel cleaning practices, social interactions, and workplace protocols while ensuring transparency throughout the guest journey. Our initiative represents a new level of focus and transparency for our industry already built on cleanliness.
Entering the Turks & Caicos Islands
- Provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 5-days of arrival into the Turks and Caicos Islands. Further information is available at TCI Safe Pre-Testing. A frequently used PCR testing company is Vault Health.
- Acquire travel insurance for the duration of your trip. More information can be found on TCI Safe Insurance. Frequently used insurance companies: Tripassure and Seven Corners.
- Upload the documents from #1 and #2 to the TCI Assured Portal and complete the brief health questionnaire. You should complete this no later than 24 hours before arrival in the Turks and Caicos Islands. An authorization to enter the Turks and Caicos Islands will be issued to you.
Be sure you have printed copies of #1-3 and bring them with you to the airport.
Proof of all the aforementioned should be uploaded to the TCI Assured portal, which is also available from the Tourist Board’s website. Travelers may submit the application process no later than twenty-four (24) hours before arrival. Once uploaded, the documents will be verified, and a TCI Assured sticker will be issued to the traveler who is approved to travel.
Reentry into the United States
- Provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of your flight home. Both rapid and molecular tests are permitted for entry into the United States, however, Canada requires the molecular test. The average PCR Test cost is $225 per person, and testing is required within 48 hours of departure. The Rapid Antigen test is done on the property for $50 per person and takes roughly 20 minutes. For stays of 4 nights or less the test is $50 per person. The antigen test is complimentary for stays of 5 nights or longer.
- Show your negative COVID-19 test results before boarding.
TCI Safe Portal
Visit the TCI Safe website to ensure your upcoming trip to the Turks and Caicos Islands is seamless and safe. TCI Safe, in conjunction with Aura Assistance, is offering insurance to cover medical expenses that may arise while in Turks and Caicos, and Medevac which is required for entry. TCI Safe, in conjunction with PCR Testing, is available to send Covid-19 testing kits overnight with return shipping included. PCR Testing is the preferred vendor of TCI Safe and the Turks and Caicos Hotels and Tourism Association.
Turks and Caicos COVID-19 Protocols
PROVIDENCIALES, TURKS AND CAICOS (July 10, 2020) – Honorable Ralph Higgs, Minister of Tourism for the Turks and Caicos Islands, announces an update to travel requirements to the destination as a part of TCI Assured, a quality assurance pre-travel program and portal, which will be live as of July 15 in advance of the reopening of borders on July 22, 2020.
Once travelers register on the TCI Assured portal and complete the requirements as outlined, a travel authorization notification will be given. The TCI Assured travel authorization should be presented at the time of check-in to the appropriate airline; airlines will not be able to board passengers without this authorization.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Turks and Caicos Islands, which can best be described as ‘Beautiful by Nature’. We feel confident these safety measures will allow us to safely reopen our borders and we will continue to review conditions on an ongoing basis to evaluate whether further changes are necessary.
We would like to encourage travelers to comply with all health protocols enforced in our jurisdiction as they are designed to help ensure the safety of our visitors and residents. For more information and to stay informed on the reopening of the Turks and Caicos Islands, call 1 (800) 241-0824 or visit www.turksandcaicostourism.com.