Turks and Caicos COVID-19 Protocols
PROVIDENCIALES, TURKS AND CAICOS (July 10, 2020) – Honorable Ralph Higgs, Minister of Tourism for the Turks and Caicos Islands, announces an update to travel requirements to the destination as a part of TCI Assured, a quality assurance pre-travel program and portal, which will be live as of July 15 in advance of the reopening of borders on July 22, 2020.
Once travelers register on the TCI Assured portal and complete the requirements as outlined, a travel authorization notification will be given. The TCI Assured travel authorization should be presented at the time of check-in to the appropriate airline; airlines will not be able to board passengers without this authorization.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Turks and Caicos Islands, which can best be described as ‘Beautiful by Nature’. We feel confident these safety measures will allow us to safely reopen our borders and we will continue to review conditions on an ongoing basis to evaluate whether further changes are necessary.
We would like to encourage travelers to comply with all health protocols enforced in our jurisdiction as they are designed to help ensure the safety of our visitors and residents. For more information and to stay informed on the reopening of the Turks and Caicos Islands, call 1 (800) 241-0824 or visit www.turksandcaicostourism.com.
Sailrock Resort COVID-19 Protocols
As we prepare to welcome guests on July 22nd, 2020, we wanted to share our COVID-19 protocols with our guests and hospitality partners, to show our commitment to guest and employee health and safety. We pride ourselves on delivering authentic and memorable experiences with 36 suites & villas on over 770 Acres, we truly have the ideal location for both distancing and togetherness. Sailrock Resort was designed as a low-density and naturally preserved environment, consisting of unique topographies, vegetation, shorelines, and features two beaches, each a mile long. Our guests will remember what life was like when they had the freedom and space to move freely, explore, and have incredible adventures.
We aim to provide our guests with protocols to meet their expectations with regards to COVID-19. Our reopening protocols are focused on enhanced hotel cleaning practices, social interactions, and workplace protocols while ensuring transparency throughout the guest journey. Our initiative represents a new level of focus and transparency for our industry already built on cleanliness.
- Guests will receive electronic versions of restaurant menus, activity, and excursions schedules.
- Luggage will be disinfected at the airport and optionally upon arrival during check-in.
- Only families and couples traveling together will be transported in a vehicle at one time up to (5) people.
- Each vehicle will be cleaned and sanitized after every guest’s use.
- Greetings will be done via non-touch gestures.
- PPE Care Packages include masks, hand sanitizer, gloves, and disposable towelettes.
- PPE Care Packages will be available to guests in all vehicles, in public areas, suites, and villas.
- Luggage will be disinfected during check-in (optional) and check out.
- Floor markings and appropriate social distancing signage will be on display.
- When available, electronic check-in and check-out will be offered.
- When available, in-suite or in-villa check-in will be offered.
- Self-serve sanitizing stations will be available throughout the public areas of the resort, in suites and villas.
- On-property guest transportation will be cleaned and sanitized after guest use.
All Resort Staff
- Our team will greet guests without contact and while maintaining social distance.
- Staff is required to wear masks (changed every 4 hours).
- Staff may wear gloves (optional but changed every 30 minutes, if worn).
- Members of the staff will wash hands and/or sanitize every thirty (30) minutes.
- All associates will practice maintaining social distancing during work hours.
- Staff will have their temperature checked daily.
- Staff running temperature higher than 98.6° F will be asked to return home until medically cleared.
- All staff members have been educated on COVID-19 protocols and have been briefed on both the guidelines and protocols set by the local health authorities.
Sailrock Resort Guests
- Guest use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is optional.
- Guests’ temperatures will be checked upon arrival.
- Health and safety protocols will be provided to guests upon arrival.
- Guests will be reminded to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Resort guests will be encouraged to make all requests via the telephone or electronically.
- Guests who feel ill or symptomatic will be asked to consult a doctor immediately. There is a local clinic in South Caicos and we will assist with contacting a doctor if the need arises.
Cleaning Public Spaces, Suites, and Villas
Cleaning and disinfecting protocols will require that particular attention is paid to high-touch, hard nonporous items including television remote controls, toilet seats and handles, door, furniture handles, water faucet handles, nightstands, telephones, in-room control panels, light switches, temperature control panels, alarm clocks, luggage racks, and flooring. Sailrock Resort will only use cleaning products and protocols which meet the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens.
- Housekeeping will not enter a guest room during a stay unless specifically requested, or approved by a guest.
- All rooms will undergo an electrostatic mist system disinfectant process before and after guest visits.
- Bathrooms, water closets, and refrigerators will be sealed upon being sanitized with clearly marked seals.
Food & Beverage Services
- Guests will receive electronic versions of restaurant menus before arrival.
- Restaurant tables will be appropriately spaced to accommodate social distancing standards.
- Seating for tables will be reduced to half of capacity.
- Tables will be prepared and sanitized as needed and not before.
- Minimal items will be placed on guest tables to allow for effective disinfection in between each guest, including condiments, silverware, glassware, napkins, etc.
- Guests will be encouraged to make all food and beverage service requests via the telephone or electronically for requesting seating, lunch/dinner reservations, private chef dinner, suite/villa delivery, or tray pick up.
- All laminated restaurant menus will be sanitized before and after every guest and server use.
- Bar seating will be reduced to allow for social distancing standards.
- All drinks will be served with disposable straw with wrap.
- Room service vehicles will be cleaned and sanitized after guest deliveries. An electrostatic mist disinfectant process will be used.
- Storeroom attendants will be required to wear masks and other protective gear such as gloves.
- All supplies will be fully sanitized before entering the stores and refrigerators.
- WHO and Health Department approved sanitizing agents only will be used.
- Stores area will be sanitized at regular intervals daily.
- Vendors will be advised on how goods will be accepted and that their staff should arrive with proper protective gear.
Communal Space & Activities
- All loungers and pool furniture will be spaced to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- Furthermore, all loungers and pool furniture will be sanitized before opening hours with some visible indication that this has been done before opening and between each guest’s use. An electrostatic mist disinfectant process will be used.
- Guests will be encouraged to make all spa services requests via the telephone or electronically and temperature will be check before a spa treatment.
- Resort guests will be encouraged to make all gym usage requests via the telephone or electronically.
- Guests are welcome to book workout time slots based on the maximum number of (4) guests allowed.
- The gym will be sanitized using an electrostatic mist disinfectant process after guest usage.
- Guests will be encouraged to make/book all excursions, activities, bicycles, and watersports equipment experiences/usage via telephone or electronically.
- All activities will be restricted to family and/or private group tours.
- The Marketplace shop will be limited to (6) shoppers at one time.